I have previously owned a 997 S cab and 4S cab. While the 4S was in for some cosmetic surgery a few months back I was given a 2.7 boxster loaner for the day and was very impressed, no very very impressed with a gem of a car for less than half the price of my C4S cab. I've now sold my C4S cab and taken delivery of an F430 which sits well along side my M3 family car. I am missing a cab and spring is approaching so I was thinking of buying another Carrera S but went for a test drive in the Boxster S yesterday. What a car. Not quite as quick as the 997 but so balanced, feelsome and very entertaining. I prefer the looks of the 997 but do like the drive of the boxster S. So my thoughts are either a used boxster to assess whether I really like it over the C2S cab or a new RS60 spyder with PCCB. Taking away the 911 snob factor I struggle to find a reason to pick a 997 cab over the boxster other than looks. Am I missing something (apart from financial common sense)?

The boxster really doesn't do it for me in the looks department but I put driving pleasure way above looks when choosing cars.