Quote:
GT said:
TB993tt this not entirely accurate. There have been instances where the ecu takes approx 200kms to adjust. Of course those where cases where the ecu had to adjust a long long way -ei last w/e 996tt after replacing faulty air/mass sensor and faulty sparkplugs- took 2 days and 200kms+ of very spirited driving to readjust consumption from 35lts/100kms to 20lts /100kms and increase back ignition timing.
Now the plenum would not take that much but I think 1-2 full ecu circles (start from cold, drive hard, switch off, cool down engine= 1 cycle) might still be necessaryfor the ecu to full take in whatever benefit there is to have.

I am going to make some more enquiries on this subject to someone I know who writes ECU programs - You may be correct but I just can't see the ECU taking so long to "adapt" when everything else it has to do (like pulling timing when knock is sensed) is done in micro seconds - surely a "cycle" is simply a full load run where the ECU adopts to the most aggressive map during the run as it realises (in real time) that Knock is no where to be seen