Quote:
Dr. Phil said:
Quote:
WAY said:
But what's so special about a Boxster?

To me it's the perfect everyday driver - when you're NOT going shopping furniture.

* Looks. One of the best-looking cars around IMO.

* Ragtop. Great for sunny days and even greater driving experience while maintaining great stability in the chassis.

* Rock steady build quality - will probably outlast most non-sports cars that dont get pushed half as much. At least thats my experience.

* Handling is among the best around. Not as sharp as an Elise, but precise enough to be among the fastest cornering cars around.

* Take it to work in the morning and track it at night. How many cars can do that without getting totally worn out on the track?

* Tho underpowered for political/marketing reasons it handles just as well - if not better than- the 911 according to several car mags.
(Oh dear - I smell a return of the old "911 vs Boxster" war..hehe)

* Surprisingly versatile and useful as an everyday driver. The two trunks, while small, actually holds quite a lot of luggage.

* Economic. Good milage and low service costs.

* Engine sound. The roar at 5000 rpm is just beeeeautiful!

* "Smile on your face"-factor: It's just fun to drive. Plain and simple.

* Only minus is its "entry level Porsche" stigma and relatively weak engine.

With regards to the good old Boxster vs 911 argument, having had the great fortune of owning and been entrusted with a few of these cars (and tracked extensively with them), I think I am fully qualified to comment on them.

Boxster has sublime handling, but ultimately it doesn't have the grip of a 911. Novice drivers will find the Boxster much faster, as it really is so easy to drive. Pro drivers who knows how to drive a 911 (simple, left foot brake into the corner to balance the weight to the front, then ACCELERATE EARLY) will always find the 911 much more rewarding and fun. Both are great cars, just a bit different in the way they drive. On Boxster vs Cayman though, the Cayman has a chassis setup that don't work as well as a Boxster on less than perfect roads in Australia. I find the softer sprung Boxster S to be a faster car than Cayman S on real roads as the suspension allows the car to get more grip over bumps. (ok I am now ducking for cover)