Gnil:

My current RS has many stone chips . Small ones, but once you start looking close you find them all over .

I was thinking that maybe I should do a film protection on my incoming LG RS .

For those who do it regularly, is there a brand you would recommend to stay away ? Would you also advise to do it ? 

Close to my place there is a ProTech Monte Carlo shop . Is their  film good ?  I can't remember the name of the brand they use, it's a french one , not 3M . 

Since I assume you cannot (or will not) do it by yourself, go with whatever protection film a wrapping company offers in your vicinity. Maybe they can get 3M, maybe there are better products out there? 

My car has a protection film in the front and I am so happy I left it on the car (I wanted to remove it after I took delivery but my sales guy urged me to keep it and he was right). No clue what company the film is but I don't care. It is invisible and it protects pretty well (even a larger, almost tennis ball sized(!), stone hit my front hood, putting a huge hole in my windshield (people don't believe when I tell them, I didn't even notice during driving because the hole is in the lower part of the windshield, damage was probably contained because the stone hit the front hood first).

The stone left a small indentation in the film but the paint is OK. Amazing.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)