pmarkow:
KresoF1:

Peter, 

Character? Or to be fully honest idiosyncrasy?  

no Kreso. charcater. i mean feeling that the car conveys to you on the road. 

991 GT3 RS is fantastic car that only makes sense if you drive it above 6000rpm. Can you do it daily or  in the city traffic? No. 

not true. the RS is a lot of fun (read conveys feelings of driving the car) even at very low revs. 

488 feels powerfull at low revs as well. When it gets to 6000rpm you are already way faster then RS at 6000rpm.  

faster, yes, and then so what? more powerful yes and so what?  the 488 did not talk to me, the speciale and the RS do. 

did you read the ECOTY where the GT4 beat the 488GTB (and the RS)? i fully understand their judgement...

I am not saying that 488 is a better sportscar then 991 GT3 RS. It sheer rawness it isn't.  

991 GT3 RS is for me fantastic sportscar. But, for me so is 488 GTB. I would like to exploit their differences on daily basis.

to exploit the speed of the 488GTB you have to remove even more speed limits than for the other contenders. one thing speaks for the 488 GTB though: the looks. just fantastic, the porsche turbo S looks ridiculously common and bland next to it.

peter

Peter I shared your view completely. Except the last sentence about the looks. I thin the 488 looks boring compared with the 458 Speciale. Smiley

The GT3RS is one of the greatest all around car, it is a lot more civilized in town vs the previous generation RSs but it will also ace it on a track. From idle to around 300-3500rpm, the intake roar is magical, doesn't need to rev it all the way past 6000rpm to enjoy the engine.

The Speciale is a very different beast compared to the 488. 488 seems too "Porsche like" Smiley It doesn't have the same 'drama' like the previous Ferraris, it is almost clinical, like the McLarens. 

--