DaveGordon:

I'd say there's quite a bit of interest in US cars in Europe, but they try to sell the new stuff at premium prices.. If they sold Hellcats etc for the US price then I imagine they'd sell a lot.  At +50% and more, they're competing against Audi and BMW, and the fit and finish is not at the same level.

I went along to a US car show in Switz a couple of years back, although I made the mistake of arriving at 2pm, when everyone was leaving to go home .  Swiss car shows start at 7am or something stupid.  Lots of interesting cars though, and a lot of enthusiasm for them.

Love the GTO.. kiss

US car manufacturers are dumb, maybe with the exception of Ford and the Mustang.

They (GM, Chrysler, etc.) could sell tons of cars in Europe with a different price and marketing strategy. I suppose this happens when you let US managers take care of the EU business or EU managers take care of US cars. Smiley

First thing first: They cannot sell US cars at comparable EU products prices. It just doesn't work.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)