Quote:
Carlos from Spain said:
Quote:
Grant said:
Quote:
AUM said:The Japanese are ascending to the peak of sports car performance and look set to win in several important categories.

I agree, the new Japanese cars have impressed me. It's also nice that the Yen is about as worthless a currency as the US Dollar, so it bodes well for US pricing for now and in the future (GT-R is about half as much as 997TT here).

If the japanese come back to the high-sportcar scene (its not the first time though it died away in the last decade... there was the age of the Supra, 300ZX, NSX, Skyline, etc) this can only mean good things for Porsche enthusiasts and for the other european maker enthusiasts, because we will get more for our money in future models since there will be more competition, and the market will be forced to offer more.

Unfortunately I don't see these japanese sportcars creating any real competition in terms of overall sales, since I don't see them as big sellers, especially in Europe. And sales is what makers only care for but maybe in the rest of the world it will hopefully.

Carlos, why should Porsche change? People like yourself as well as other are diehard Porschephiles and will buy a Porsche regardless of the competition. As a result, Porsche will continue with its policy of incremental styling change, performance increase and pricing. They know their customers and have nothing to fear.

The GT-R in Top Gear was so well liked that they indicated that the "997TT seemed old fashion." Yet the various Porsche boards have been slamming the car claiming it it nothing more than a Nissan. How the screw has turned. Recall when some claimed that the Porsche was nothing more than a VW on steroids?