SciFrog:

180k for a steel watch?

Not mine and not sure it is steel, I think it is white gold? (I may be wrong, didn't care much about this watch).

RC, be careful with all these watches that you think might hold their value. When comes time to get rid of them, if ever, trading in might be OK but it will require to add money, but selling them will be another story. The whole industry and buyers have a huge incentive of talking these prices up, and people don’t need to sell very often, but when they do it is never as pretty as you think.

I do not care about reselling them, I get what I like, similar to cars.

Personally I would never buy something unless it is 100% exactly what I want and never above MSRP. I also buy things to wear and not to stash away somewhere, which is for example why I probably will never buy the $180k RM I like because it looks sporty so I would want to wear it during the day and not worry about abusing it, but I would hate to think how much it would cost to fix a small abuses on it. So in the end it makes no sense. The Rolex and Panera and sporty AP on the other end can get abused and look better doing so and are cheap to polish.

The only watch I bought over MSRP was the Nautilus and I really wanted it. If it looses value, well...I don't care. Sometimes I win in life, sometimes I loose...not a problem. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)