Dear all

Just a couple of words in regard of this car.

My car is basically a spiritual successor to my former 997.1 GT3 RS in RS Green which I now with the benefit of hindsight, should have never sold. I used to track that car a lot on European tracks like Spa, Hockenheim, Red Bull Ring and also took to drift trainings. Despite popular belief those Mezger engined cars are not that bullet proof, the car needed its gearbox, clutch, flywheel and the dreaded coolant hoses done next to all the consumables. Nevertheless I loved it. When the coolant hoses popped at around 240km/h when approaching the hairpin in Hockenheim and after driving a new 991 GT3 in Spa I exchanged that car for a 991 GT3 in Carrara White. On this car I only put 2000km because when the 991GT3RS came out in Geneva 2015 I knew I needed that car. As I did not like Lava Orange and had never seen UV I tried to get it in PTS Vipergreen as this was always my fav color. As this what not possible I went for UV wich turned out to be a fantastic color which surely will go down as one of the great colors in Porsche history. The lust for Vipergreen though never ceased so I was chasing my dealer all the time to get a future GT model in that specific color. When the rumor surfaced there will be a Touring version of the 991.2 GT3 I was starting to „harass“ my dealer to get one in Viper. In the meantime I stopped tracking street cars due to safety reasons and having access to Cup cars, once you tasted blood with a race car, tracking street cars on track became obsolete for me. When the Touring was finally announced September 11 at the Frankfurt Show my dealer already had an allocation for me which we changed to the Touring package with PTS. Knowing how cumbersome the PTS process is I for a long time did not believe I will be getting it.  As chance would have it Porsche opened a pop up store at Zurich Paradeplatz and during lunch time I managed to have several discussion with an employee from Porsche Exklusive Manufaktur. He himself said it will be extremely difficult to get a Touring in PTS as officially there was no window. He told either to have „standard“ GT 3 as PTS allocation and to switch to a Touring once the window opens or having a Touring switching to PTS once the window is announced. To increase chances to get my desired car my dealer booked a day in Stuttgart with Porsche Exklusive Manufaktur in November 2017. Meanwhile it was announced that there might be a window in January 2018 for PTS but also a rumor of a potential stop sale of the Touring package due to high demand. The day in Stuttgart was fantastic, Mario Blauert from Porsche helped me a lot in choosing the right options and right on the spot he and my dealer (who came with us) managed to juggle around my allocation from April build to March build to secure the PTS slot. So finally all stars aligned and I was over the moon. Now I only had to overcome the long wait and from November 2017 and the car finally arriving end of March 2018 it was kind of a rollercoaster ride as according to internet rumors slots got moved around, PTS cancelled and so forth. Only my dealer always stayed calm. 

Seeing the car for the first time yesterday made all that a blip in time, it came out wonderfully and I can’t wait to drive it. It has to live up to my former RS which was a fantastic car and is still missed. On the other hand Im sure when rowing the gears for the first time and hearing the new 4 liter engine sing the new car will win my heart over.

The spec of the car contains several CXX and Manufakture options:

PTS Vipergreen

Black Touring package

Carbon interior package

Bose sound system

Privacy glass

PDLS plus

Chronopackage

DAB

LWB seats with Pepita inserts, Vipergreen piping and platinum silver stitched GT3 on the headrests, embroided Porsche logo

Touring carbon fiber gear knob

Extended leather package

Leather door package

Steering column in leather

Alcantara sun visors as well as belt exit surroundings

Carbon sills with Vipergreen illuminated GT3 sign

Vipergreen painted car keys

Porsche side stickers in mat black surrounding to match wheels, Porsche lettering in mat yellow to match PCCB callipers

PCCB

Front axle lift

90 litre tank

Wheels in satin black

I might have forgotten something but this should be it. And to round it off, my wife always supported me and was also instrumental to give the car its final touches!

Mike