wantone:
Whoopsy:
nberry:

Thanks for your dissertation but you misjudge me. I have Republican blood in me. I know how our federal government works. When it comes to spending money each administration puts in place people that mirror and execute their views. Its no different with Trump. The career underlings cannot control policy. They only follow.

I also believe you underestimate the brand of Tesla in the market place. When one thinks of EV vehicles only one brand comes to mind. TESLA! They are innovators in EV technology. Their presence in the market place forces all car companies to innovate because the future of cars is EV. I don't know if Tesla will survive but I do know one should never count Musk out.Smiley

As a person with experiences in finance and stocks, IF Tesla's valuation is at around 5-7 billion, I would totalling buy it out.  And that's already including perhaps a 40% premium.

Right now its worth about 8-10 times more than it should, and I wouldn't, it's just not a sound business decision.

There is nothing special about Tesla, everything it can do, someone else can do. It occupied a niche market segment, nothing more. The Tesla fan boys can claimed whatever they want, it's just numbers, I can use the exact sam set of numbers and present a completely opposite case of whatever they want to trumpet with.

But yes, in North America, when one think of EV, one thinks of Tesla first, that may not and is not the case world wide. To be frank, Tesla makes expensive EV cars, but nothing on them is class leading, content wise, interior is only on par with perhaps a Camry, an Accord and that's about it. The electric drivetrain eats up pretty much all of the cost of a Tesla Model S or Model X. 

Seriously, I when I sit in a Tesla, without driving it, just touching surfaces, they are even inferior to my Golf R. Not to mention my 4C, which btw have leather and stitched dash. Something that not even all the 911 gets.

Model S, and Model X has some amazing acceleration stats, but those are not sustainable. Try doing acceleration runs and it would be quite apparent.

When did you get the Golf R? Is it good? I am also considering getting one...

Bought it last Sept for my son. He turned 16 last August. 

Initially he wanted the base Golf, then the wife said the GTI looks better with the red trim, then my son prefer the blue on the Golf R so Golf R it is.

The car is a great city run around car, engine makes some nice noise, throttle response is quite good, but at times there is a certain steering angle where torque steer appears, very very subtle but it's there for a brief moment, normally it's when doing gentle lane change where it would 'stuck' at a certain angle for a fraction of a second. 

Overall, I love that little thing. 

--