Gauss:

Update:

That day wasn't the day after all. laugh

My dealer has emailed me a couple of days ago to tell me that he still can't see a production date for my car in the system. mail

I'm still very annoyed today. Here's the full story for those who are interested:

In late May, beginning of June 2017 I had ordered a new GT3. Some may remember this thread (Link). Delivery was expected for beginning of 2018. For some unknown reason (to me), the dealer wanted my final spec already by the beginning of October. This was all the more peculiar when I learnt, a couple of weeks later, that my car was scheduled for production as late as the 10th calendar week (the second week in March). 

In early February, when I wanted to change my spec (for the 3rd time, I know!), I got my request refused on the grounds that my car spec had been frozen now and that they were expecting it to be delivered by the end of February, beginning of March. 

Then came the end of February, and when my dealer was on holiday, I asked one of his collegues whether we were still on schedule for an imminent delivery, and after checking on his computer he said : "production is scheduled for the 10th calendar week!" Needless to say that I was both disappointed and angry about having been given false hope by my dealer. I have no explanation as to why he told me an early delivery date. If I had to take a guess, I'd say he didn't want me to change my spec yet again. yes

Anyway, I didn't say anything to him and waited patiently another few weeks. Last week (11th calendar week) I asked him whether my car had finally been produced and it took him another week to send me an email, telling me that he still has no production date.  

This waiting is frustrating, but what is worse, is the communication with the dealership, or lack thereof.

Have you guys had similar experiences, or am I just too picky? I know that in certain countries, like Germany for example, they give you a precise delivery date, albeit estimated, but at least it's a date. However, here in Luxembourg, they don't share any information about the whereabouts or status of the car on the production line.

I've told them that I wanted to change my spec, given the circumstances. They have yet to get back to me with an answer, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure they will find other excuses...crying

--

White 991.2 GT3, production week 10

So sorry to hear that Joel! If I buy a 100k product from someone, they better make me feel like I am the king of the world. If they don't, then no excuses, but I won't be doing business with them anymore. Yes, they may be used to high rollers and all that, but there is no excuse for no communication... I can feel your frustration! Take care bud!

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys