Whoopsy:
nberry:

Nick, I have no been to the factory and cannot comment as to whether Leipzig can accommodate a new model. The CGT was a very limited one off model. But you confused me regarding PCNA filling orders by passing the dealers. Why would demand be filled if PCNA filled the orders? Porsche distributes so many allocations to PCNA who in turn distributes to its dealership network. There are only so many allocations and I fail to see how there would be more if PCNA distributes them.yes

That logic reminds of the old car commercial where a dealer states he sells his cars with no profit but makes up for it in volume.Smiley

Nick, with the current system, I can place 50 deposits with 50 different dealers and you do the same. In PCNA's eyes, wow that's 100 cars, but in reality it's only 2. There is no centralized database right now to keep track, even if there is, it will not be accurate as dealers enter bogus place sitter information on their allocations first while they juggle their 'list'. It's the reason why there are so many generic brand new GT cars sitting in showrooms asking ADM. When the dealers still hasn't finish up reordering their 'list' and the order has to be locked, they just enter common options and be done with it. Since they hogged all the allocations not many real customers can spec their own, they know those generic cars will have no problem selling.

But if PCNA keep a centralized database for orders and force dealers to enter actual customer information, then duplicate names can be spotted and deleted and open up more allocations for real customers. 

Porsche Canada already run this way for GT cars, while there still aren't enough cars to go around, the system is at least fair to everyone but the dealers. Dealers can still maintain a 'list' that they juggle but they don't get generic cars that sits on showrooms ordered by bogus customers like in the US. 

Nick, I guess that’s the question. Does demand drive allocations for dealerships or over all performance? I was under the impression that Porsche assumes there will be a demand for their GT cars. They decide how many to build based on capacity and market forces like protecting the Brand. To my knowledge(I could be wrong) Porsche doesn’t care how many V70 profiles dealers put into the system. Rather Porsche looks at other performance factors in deciding how many allocations each dealer receives. Porsche has already decided how many they are going to build so they are working with a finite number. 

However, I recognize that with the .1 RS they increased production beyond with their goal. That was an unusual case. 

--

You have your way. I have my way. As for the correct way and the only way, it does not exist.