Whoopsy:
nberry:

How in the hell is Porsche going to add a 960 model when they can't meet GT demand? They are scheduled to close the line for three weeks in April and three months during the summer to retool for the 992. Added another model is beyond their capacity.

Christian, the R8 looks similar (not the same) to the TT. No getting around it. More importantly, it doesn't look like sport car. This gets back to branding and VW failure to do an adequate job styling, producing and selling this car.

The 911/718 capacity at Zuffenhausen is max-ed out, doesn't mean they can't build another model somewhere else. 

CGT was built in Leipzig after all. And there are TONS of room around Leipzig to expand.

As for the GT demand, mostly it was artificially inflated by the dealers in the USA, take those greedy US dealers out of the equation and let PCNA alone take the orders, and see the demand curve flattens out. Secondary was the fact that the rest of the line up had all gone to turbo engines and they simply can't build enough NA engines.

BUT, remember, all the competition in the mid engine market are all turbo-ed, saved the Huracan. Using the VAG corporate 4.0L TT V8 is almost a no brainer decision, and that engine they can make plenty, and that engine is already making 650HP in Urus trim. 

The next 960 can easily share the platform with the next Huracan, especially with Audi out of the equation. Audi needs to get back to basics and be the Mercedes BMW fighter, with the R8 they are stuck in no mans land, it was and still is a car perceived as a poor man's Gallardo/Huracan no matter how good it is. Audi needs to do a proper AMG GT fighter, leave the exotic game to the exotic marque with the VAG group. Before, Piech's ego turned Audi into a brand that he wants to have claws into every nooks and wanted to trump Porsche the brand, and lost it's identity in the process. 

Nick, I have no been to the factory and cannot comment as to whether Leipzig can accommodate a new model. The CGT was a very limited one off model. But you confused me regarding PCNA filling orders by passing the dealers. Why would demand be filled if PCNA filled the orders? Porsche distributes so many allocations to PCNA who in turn distributes to its dealership network. There are only so many allocations and I fail to see how there would be more if PCNA distributes them.yes

That logic reminds of the old car commercial where a dealer states he sells his cars with no profit but makes up for it in volume.Smiley

--

You have your way. I have my way. As for the correct way and the only way, it does not exist.