lukestern:
Your point? I thought you said that an EV is useless because of long recharge times? I've always said that EV is the best alternative for daily commutes to/from work and charge at home overnight. But for making it convenient even for longer trips, a well built out charging network is important.

For me, an EV is useless because it is no fun to drive. I can imagine for other people to drive one, for example for daily commutes to work and back home but if they have a garage, charging is not a problem but if not? We have no public charging possibilities along the roads where parking spots are available overnight in residential areas. Most people in Germany live in condos, not houses.

-------------------------------------------------
Times they are a changin

Not possible to install a charger for technical reasons in my parking lot (rented) although the whole house was built 2000.

Four chargers in front of my house in the center of Munich (I live in a condo). But: between 9:00 am and 10:00pm you are only allowed to park no longer than 4 hours. Much easier to find a parking opportunity for an EV than a normal car because in my neighborhood.