sfo:

I like the subtlety (comparatively speaking) of the R8.

RC, how did you find the steering, ride and handling of the RWS compared to your V10 Plus?

The steering of the RWS was slightly firmer vs. my R8, I have the dynamic steering (which for some people may be too sharp, too precise but I love it, you can basically pinpoint it to a centimeter accuracy, amazing).

Handling was similar to my R8, I have Magnetic Ride and drive mostly in Dynamic and Performance DRY mode (actually, I prefer Performance DRY mode but fuel consumption is always 2-3 liters higher in this mode when driving in the same way, which is weird). The RWS doesn't feel more nimble, surprisingly. The weight difference just isn't big enough.

The ride is a bit less comfortable (RWS) but I like it. You can't adjust the dampers by changing driving modes. If I switch to Comfort mode in my R8, it feels like driving a standard A6 sedan. Smiley

So to sum it up: Compared to my R8 V10 Plus, the RWS has a slightly firmer steering feel with a similar but not quite the same razor sharp precision, a slightly firmer ride (chassis/dampers) but handling-wise, it feels almost the same (I'd say). No real massive traction issues, unless you push it hard but my 991.2 Carrera GTS Cab has slightly better traction. Still, the RWS isn't even close to the C63 S for example, you won't miss the AWD, especially if you aren't used to it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)