RC:
Whoopsy:
Gauss:

Time flies. Cheers for another 15 years wink

And we will still be talking about the R8 in 15 years! Smiley

If car manufacturers continue the way they do now...you can bet on it. Smiley Smiley

Listen to this (and please try to understand because...I couldn't): When I asked my Audi dealer why the RS3 (latest model, only one month old) I had as a loaner, sounded much more muted than the RS3 I've driven a couple of months ago, he told me: "Over 2000 customers wrote complaints to Audi because the car's exhaust sound is too loud..., so Audi issued a software update to make the RS3 quieter."

Do you understand? I don't. Smiley I checked with various German Audi forums and it seems to be true, so many customers are pissed. Apparently some tuners want to offer a solution but unfortunately not ABT (the only one Audi dealers can officially work with) because...listen to this...they are afraid of Audi's reaction. Smiley

This whole car business got messed up big time, at least in Germany and this can't end well (for us enthusiasts).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

The reason is that people and companies went overboard with noisy exhaust systems. It started with all the videos of idiots revving their engines and "exercising" their aftermarket exhaust systems in the middle of London and other busy city centers. Pretty soon, that became the standard that automakers were pushed towards. Makes no sense. If I compare the sports exhaust in my RS-60 and the ones in my GTS Cayman, or my brother's 991 S with sport exhaust, my conclusion is that the new systems are overly loud and nowhere near as musical as the older ones. The older one has a subtlety to it that is lost with the newer noisemakers, with their artificial farts. In the case of the Cayman GTS, the exhaust has an annoying drone at lower RPM (where the PDK keeps going if left to its own devices.) In fact, I will be ordering my next car with the base exhaust; and that's from someone who always had the factory sport exhaust when it was offered, and installed aftermarket sport exhaust before Porsche started offering it. 

<Fire suit on>