Whoopsy:

Unlike car business where others have had dabbled into at least hybridization and got some knowledge in electric. Truck business no one ever think of that.

That's Tesla's advantage. 

And the batteries. Tesla can supply themselves with a boat load, others don't have that source. Truck batteries will require a lot of cells, much more than cars, so supply will be an issue for competition.

I agree with everything you say but I am also worried (for Tesla) that at some point, one company will pop up with a new battery tech and/or charging tech and Tesla is done.

What worries me most regarding ELVs is actually something much more trivial: We just don't have the charging infrastructure in many countries. Smiley Also, if we had it, we could face another problem: Lack of capacity (electricity). Right now, we have very low temperatures in Bavaria and the power stations are working at their limit, they even import electricity to keep up with the power need. Now add 10 Mio. ELVs to this and this is going to be fun in winter time. Especially since Germany has basically shut off all nuclear plants and the last ones will be gone soon.

Back to the coal power plant reserves? Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)