lukestern:
RC:

Let's forget about the hybrids: Porsche will invest big bucks in ELVs (not hybrids, they are basically a by-product of development) and Tesla will be toast. Amen.

Still can't take you serious RC with those kind of statements Smiley. I know you're German and it's a hard time seeing an American company taking the lead in the future car space where the germans historically has been the leader when it comes to innovation.  But it is what it is Smiley

There will for sure be a market for Porsche, Tesla, the other old car manufacturers and also some new brands. Every EV produced will be sold and demand will be much higher than supply for many years to come. There will also for sure be consumers who prefer a Tesla over a Porsche and vice versa. Market share will also not be anything like we see today in 10-20 years time. Maybe Porsche will grow much bigger due to the heavy investments in BEV. Time will tell.

And btw, the abbreviation ELV does not exist. It is either EV or BEV. Amen.

Wanna make a bet? Smiley Symbolic one USD, GBP, EUR, whatever... 

I know what Porsche and VW Group are preparing, I've seen things (probably not even close to everything or the latest developments) and I am very very impressed. Keep in mind that I am no friend of ELVs but I understand the tech well, incl. autonomous driving since I've been a gadget lover and tech nerd all my life.

Tesla will be toast, they cannot survive, unless someone is willing to buy them and/or invest tons of new cash in it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)