Porker:
Whoopsy:

Despite what you said about the shifter, don't you just love how precise it is? It is tight, there is no play on the movement and it's like slotting in a rifle bolt.

There is no way one can miss a shift using that shifter. 

It is precise, absolutely agreed, but if you have to compare it to a rifle bolt, then it does feel like a plastic rifle bolt, where I would expect it to feel 'metallic'. If that analogy makes sense?

If I am reading you right, do you mean you prefer the shift effort to be a bit heavier, need some extra effort to use? Like pushing a bit harder to get into it's slots? 

If that's the case, I think I know what you mean and I would agree the shifter perhaps needs a little bit more input effort, not much for my taste though. I have 3 different shifters in 4 manual cars right now, the 911R and the GT3 are basically the same one, the 3.6 is the shifter of old, needs more effort to push into a gear slot but it is not as precise and has a lot of play. The Aston is just a lottery game, every shift is a game of chance, 1 in 3 chances to get into a correct gear, it WILL get into a gear slot, but it may not be the correct one. 

--