HI Everyone,

I bought a brand new velar from my local dealer here in Cyprus, loaded to the brim.  We opted for the 2.0 Diesel  240hp engine which made the most sense for my wife's use for the car.   The car looks stunning inside and out, although I'm not a fan of Land Rover and their ergonomics.  

The car was delivered to us on July 26, 2017, we barely have 6,000kms when the engine started to make a whistling sound in mid December.  They kept it for a week and they told me that the turbo chargers needed to be replaced and that they aren't sure when they will receive the parts as the factory has none in stock and they have to request them from the production line. They gave us a courtesy car, but After three weeks I got a little upset not knowing when I was gonna receive the car I paid for, so I sent Land Rover a nasty email.  They followed up by saying we will follow up with the dealer and get back to you.  

I got a call last friday that the parts arrived and they will install them on monday and I should expect delivery of the car on Tuesday.  So on tuesday I call and the service manager tells me, I still don't like how the car sounds, we have requested feedback from the factory on some software settings and I'll give you the car on wed or thursday.  

I told myself that I would give them until Friday and not call them, but on thursday afternoon the service manager calls and tells that the noise was still there, and he wanted to be honest and frank with me.  They drained some oil from the engine and found pieces of metal inside, and it seems we are now looking at a complete engine replacement.  He told me that it could take up to one month to receive the engine and that he could arrange a meeting with the boss to discuss things next week.  he also told me to send another email to land rover explaining how upset I was so they can put pressure from their end....

I would like to ask you guys if you've had similar experiences and what my rights would be in this situation? It's still a brand new car, but I don't want a car with a brand new engine and frankly I'm quite fed up of land rover's bs.  It's my second LR, and I had a disco sport for my wife for a year before this velar, which also was annoying to own.  It's my fault for letting my wife talk me into buying another but she just fell in love with the car when she saw it at the unveiling.  And as they say happy wife happy life.  I have a 2016 Q7 which is an absolute dream of a car to own, nothing like this one.

Can I just tell them to keep the car and sell it for me and ask for some kind of compensation? It will be almost 3 months by the time I get her car back, and I've only had it for six!  Ideally I would just want my money back, for me not to make a big stink about this whole mess.  

Please let me know 

Regards

Mo

IMG_7247.JPG
IMG_7248.JPG
IMG_7249.JPG
IMG_7251.JPG
IMG_7252.JPG
IMG_7253.JPG