RC:

Lars, I really want to keep the R8 (V10 engine) but I would like to have the really "last" one (facelift) because out of experience, these cars are perfect and highly refined.

Since I plan to keep the R8, it makes sense to get the facelift and then, after the lease ends, buy it out. 

I could also imagine getting a 24h Experience R8 V10 Plus Spyder out of that 25 cars batch my dealer is getting next month or so. This is where my sales guy could make a very special offer. A Spyder would make great sense, so my wife wouldn't need to get another convertible once her C63 AMG convertible lease ends around 2021. She already drove the Spyder (non-Plus) and loved it, she was quite surprised how easy it was to drive.

The facelift will get an improved chassis though and some other improvements, so maybe it makes more sense.

I also need to see if the facelift gets a particle filter. If so, the sound will be compromised. Smiley Then, it depends how it sounds.

Will decide this spring... Smiley

Makes perfectly sense!

My wife loved the Spyder, too. But I think the Coupe has so much more room. Also that hideous engine-bay ventilation next to the driver seat is really heating the car up badly. You don't have that in the Coupe. 

You know - I'm a fan of the R8 and I think it is already close to perfect. So much fun that car!