Gauss:

Were sales slow ?

In Germany and other parts of Europe apparently super slow, only UK and US were better as far as I heard.

The cars are too expensive, with the most desirable options, they are usually around 220k EUR, the Spyder over 230k EUR. Too much. For this kind of money, you can get a Huracan here and resale value of the Huracan is much better. 

Nobody knows exactly why the R8 sold that bad, there are various theories (incl. dealership/workshop experiences, most R8 dealerships are used to selling A3 and A4 and not R8 Smiley) but it doesn't seem to matter anymore.

At some point, Audi apparently wanted to continue with the R8 but it seems that someone at VW Group pulled the plug. It isn't 100% yet but right now, the R8's future doesn't look bright. 

My plan is to get (lease) the facelift for three years and buy it out if possible. I really love this car and unfortunately I cannot afford the Performante (this would be my favorite but the R8 facelift will be the next best choice).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)