Quote:
Dr. Phil said:
Yeah, be as sensible as humanly possible for a young dude in college
Seriously, the best advice I can give u, is whatever you decide (change car or not) make 100% sure that you make a choice that makes you either:
A) happy about the money you saved -for investing or simply having fun in other areas
or
B) smile every single day that you get into your car - knowing all too well, that the car is way too expensive to make sense from an economical POV.

It sounds as if you're getting another car no matter what advice u get here.
I dunno what's right for u - all I know is that the worst thing u can do when it comes to cars it getting an "inbetweener".
Something that isnt fun, and not economical either.
The Focus you talk about sounds like a car that is exactly that.

Either be wise with ur money and wait for the right car at the right time.
Or follow your heart and get something that really gets your blood boiling - knowing that you will spend every hard earned dime on those 4 wheels.

Good luck!

DR.Phil, I am pretty happy with my car currently, BUT i was just really curious about getting a new 2008 one. I have not made my mind up already and after your advice i will stay with my current car for at least a couple of years then. ONE big problem is resale value. I purchased my car in 2005 for 19.900 CND and i wont get more than 12.000 for it now. Eventhough its in perfect showroom condition. I just passed 22000 kms and its pretty much a new car. So upgrading or selling will mean that i lost 8000 bucks!!!

My best bet will be to keep saving money and someday own a porsche... because there is no substitude.