Hello Jason,

Very good point. This is exactly what I found out as I did some research on this topic while spec'ing my car. Strangely enough, PCCB may have been advertised as being for the track, have some characters that are ideal for the track, but a lot of people who track cars don't use it for reasons you mentioned.

Of the few people I asked who have simultaneous and long term experience with both PCCB and Big Red, the recommendation for PCCB is universal, as long as the car is not tracked. For anyone who is not sure about this option, *if* you haven't done so, you might want to do some search for previous discussions. I actually cut back on internal cosmetic options so that I could use the budget for PCCB. To me it was one of the most important options of my car and at this level of car purchase (150k), I most definitely wouldn't want to be without it.

Quote:
atomic80 said:
Actually, you're better off with the PCCBs if you DON'T track the car. Isn't that an oxymoron. Reason for that is that those ceramic rotors are $$$ when a replacement is needed and you're far more likely to do that if you track the car...