I don't feel cheated at all by the fact that PAG has brought out other types of cars. The way it has been done hasn't diluted the brand to an extent where I feel that PAG is no longer a maker of performance cars. It's a subjective reaction at the end of the day.

I actually think the 'feeling cheated' phenomenon will show itself more when (not if) PAG has to adjust to the new environmental targets that the EU is imposing. How? Well, the new rules will force manufacturers to lower the average emissions their cars produce. This will inevitably lead to PAG changing from being a producer of some sports cars and high performance versions of other car types to a producer of cars whose design mandate is no longer high performance but instead environmental friendliness. That really will compromise the line up IMO to an extent that will dilute the brand. I believe that averaging the emissions across the combined VW/PAG range may not be allowed (NB: there's a big unresolved argument about whether you average emissions across one affiliate only or across affiliates under common control), or if allowed, then not enough to enable the whole group of companies to comply with these crazy rules.

The other major problem (which we hardly ever discuss) is THE big question: what happens when it is no longer cost effective to extract crude oil? Fuel prices will rise manifold and will we all be driving hydrogen cell cars? Enjoy the PSE while you can is what I say