Whoopsy:
noone1:
RC:
noone1:

Don't underestimate the fact that it's an EV and those other ones aren't.

Soon...very soon. 

Also, cost is a major factor in Europe. Ordinary people won't buy an ELV, unless it costs the same as a regular car.

If Diesel subsidiaries in Germany are scratched, if the government starts to subsidy ELVs more than they do now, if electricity for ELVs will be/stay cheap, I could see a shift to ELVs. Right now? Not happening.

It will happen when VW Group and other German companies are "ready" to attack. In the end, the German government will try to support this ELV "initiative" but not now. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)

You assume they won't move down market a little. You buy and R8 because you want such a class car, but can't afford a Lamborghini or whatever.

There are plenty of people in Europe buying cars way more expensive than a Model 3. Tons of 50K+ cars in Europe. These people may simply move down a little in order to have the features of an EV, just like you did you have features of a mid-engine exotic.

Also, the technology is making new lower end cars better than older higher-end cars. Anyone here have a Bentley? Can you remote start with LTE from your phone? I'd take a new $45K car over a 2015 Rolls Royce.

Hmm, for what reason that's needed? I have remote start on my Odyssey and I never used it once.

25 years ago it was cool to have a remote starter installed together with alarm and 2000W stereo in a Civic for Sound Offs. Don't think that's the case anymore.

Right now I have an app from Porsche that I can remote sound the horn, flash the lights and lock doors and fold mirrors, that's good enough for me to scare and harass the foreman whenever my car is in the shop for service. Now that's way more fun than a remote starter. 

Have a similar function in my new 991.2 GTS Cab, fun to use but pretty much useless. Smiley

Remotely starting the engine? Not sure but I think this is prohibited on EU cars. What for actually? Maybe interesting if you're a mafia boss Smiley Smiley but other than that? Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)