Quote:
WBH said:
Quote:
mp said:
I'm surprised to read many mixed comments when this car seems to be a Home Run. What more can anyone ask for? Twenty or so more hp, 100 less kg, and basically an F1 transmission. Almost forgot, it can still be driven everyday on public roads - fairly comfortably.

If it does lap Fiorano as fast as an Enzo (not faster, as others have said), isn't that a great achievement?

While the 997Gt3 RS is a great car, IMO Porsche fell well short - same power and sadly, the same weight.

The only thing I don't like about the Scuderia are the stripes. Nothing is perfect!!

As for how it compares to the GT2? If I were in the market for a Gallardo SL/Scud/GT2, the last thing on my mind would be how fast they lap the Ring (or what SA says for that matter! I wouldn't be using it primarily as a track vehicle). IMO, the most important thing at this level is how much you enjoy driving it - period.

If Scud proves similar (vs 430) as 360CS vs 360, would actually argue Scud will be more daily-useable in CA than even 997TT (better ground clearance; bigger fuel tank; Bluetooth; iPod; bigger trunk)....and more actively safe than PSM-less GT3 (though Scud lacks GT3's track-relevant sunroof )....

Scud's biggest limit for daily use on public roads will likely be dubious passive safety...a trait it shares w/599....

Chk out 4car.com's review of GT2....interesting comments re: turbo lag/nonlinearity, muffled exhaust note....and I'm not sure that GT2's PASM/PSM set-up is very advcd (esp w/a Luddite gearbox) for optimal active safety/stability/precision in bumpy mtn twisties....though US-spec GT2s may include a track-oriented sunroof....

BTW, can spec Scud w/o stripe...or w/o gold wheels....advantage of F vs P is F allows much freedom re: bespoke-spec options....

"Scud will be more daily-useable in CA than even 997TT"?
Huh?

Scud will have "better ground clearance" than the Turbo? Huh?

The 997TT has better clearance than my 430 forget the Scud which will be even lower than the 430. Plus using the car everyday has a lot to do w/ how good the seating position/vision is for driving when other people are on the road & in traffic or parking etc. In a Scud you're basically sitting very low to the ground, almost in a hole, it's going to be very similair to the position of my 430 which has racing seats so I'll tell you first hand because I own both a 997 & a 430 the Scud is going to be nowhere near as everyday friendly as a 997 turbo nevermind being more so, it's actually the other way around. Besides the above there's the Scud's suspension (going to be similair to the Stradale I had) which is much stiffer than a 997 turbo, the sound level of both cars, what it's like to get in and out of both cars etc. etc. Bigger fuel tank means nothing, it's the range on each tank that matters which is just another small reason the 997 turbo is more everyday freindly gas mileage, the list goes on. Love the concept of the Scud, I'm even considering buying one but no way is it more "daily-useable" than a Turbo, that's the Turbo's world....... And we haven't even touched on the driving in the wet of a Scud VS. All wheel drive Turbo... The 430 isn't even as "daily-useable" as the Turbo, the Scud will be even more track focused than the 430.