Tesla is already 6 month behind 'their' schedule, what makes you think they can actually catch up?

As far as I know, Mission E, and pretty much all future electric cars will be running 400V/800V charging system, which means they do take advantage of every single charging outlet right now and all future ones. Tesla's can't do 800V period.

You are drinking too much KoolAid from Elon, perhaps take a few step back and look at the whole picture in the real world, instead of the one Elon described.

Model S cannot have a new interior unless Tesla make another major cash investment, which they do not have, all their capital are pretty much tied up with the Model 3 and the electric truck. How many times can Tesla tap the capital market without consequences? The debt right now are backed by the sky high stock prices, which Elon has been keen to pop up via vapor ware. Sooner or late the music will stop and the lenders will have exhausted their patience and demand immediate results. 

Unlike you, I am not biased towards Tesla. I liked electric motors in cars, either hybrid versions or full electric. Heck up until a couple months ago I had a deposit for a Model 3 too. 

If you haven't noticed, there are way many car makers than truck makers. GO around the block and count, you can't name more than a hand full of truck makers while very likely during that same walk you can find 15-20 different makes of cars. That's called competitive. 

--