Whoopsy:

SO, a few of the 918 owners got their GT3 in manual already like me, we shared some thoughts.

The general consensus is like mine, the GT3 is too refined, it lost the 'raw'ness of the 911R. The noise is still there, the engine sounds great, but it's missing the rough idle, the extra vibrations from the single mass flywheel. Same can and will be said for the GT3 Touring. 

For those that thought the GT3 Touring will be a 'poor man's 911R substitute, it cannot be farther form the truth. While it looked almost the same on the outside and almost the same on the inside, they are just as different as a GT3 Touring vs a Carrera S with manual. 

Pretty amazing that Porsche can use a single basic body, 'platform' so to speak and make a million different versions and each feels completely different than the others. 

McLaren still have a long way to go in that regards, off all the cars they made using the 12C platform, which is every single model they have ever made sans the F1, no matter how their PR department spin them as 'different' models, they all basically feel and drives the same. The 720S comes close to being the best and most different, but still, it is quite close to the original 12C.

Comparing the sound and idling feel of a single mass flywheel car to that with a dual mass is an apples to oranges comparison. I have been with you on the McLaren platform thing (which you consistently trot out SmileySmiley with almost @noone like monotony), but comparing a 720S to a 12C takes it too far. I have had both and let me tell you the 720S feels lightyears ahead of the 12C and distinctly different.