Initial impressions:

1.  Smooth, Smooth,Smoorth.  Even in Sport Plus setting, car is far smoother and rides far more comfortably than my 2015 Cayenne Turbo on comfort setting.  In Normal setting in the Panamera, you could be in a hybrid and not know it. Fit and finish of the exterior and exterior is airtight, first class, adding to the remarkably quiet cabin interior.  Wind noise almost non-existent.  Interior is far more modern and open than the Cayenne, adding to the sense of quiet and sophistication.

2.  Engine is extremely responsive and powerful, nothing jerky or "thrusty).  But even in Sport Plus mode with Sport Exhaust, it is a bit too quiet for me.  The interior is so quiet and airtight (and even with the windows down) I find myself wanting a slightly more raucous exhaust sound to break through the silence. I could imagine a "Race Mode' setting.  Definitely louder than my Cayenne though.

3.   Driving position is excellent, and obviously much lower than the Cayenne.  I have to be more aware of cars not seeing me in their mirrors.  A far more "personal" configuration--far more so than the Cayenne, but not as intimate as a 911.  

4.  Back seat room is far greater than in the Cayenne.  Passengers can easily relax and stretch out more as the seat position is more slanted back.  Almost a limousine position.  My wife is 5'10 and my son is 6' and there is plenty of head and knee room.

5.  PCM screen is clear, well lit and attractive.  Just barely learning the functions, so I cannot assess well.  Apple Car Play is the best organizing and implementation function, but still confusing to me.  There are still some toggle switches for some functions, and at this early stage I tend to go back to them (fan speed, temperature, etc.).  I have to be careful not to take my eyes off the road, as there are so many tempting but confusing functions.

6.  I have already received several "what a beautiful car!" comments.  The car is sophisticated, sleek and unique, and does not give off a "in your face sports car vibe". The whole design is far more complete and appealing than in photos. I do think the optional sport side skirts help, and everyone has raved about the Burgundy/Black interior.

I am absolutely delighted with the brilliant  car, and will post more comments as the enjoy the experience over the next few days.  Questions and comments are welcome!