noone1:

Well, the 570 came out back in Fall/Winter 2015. I'm pretty sure there are new compounds for all the Pirellis since then, and if the 570 is used, it probably does have the older tires. You'll have to do some research into what tires you have, I guess.

All the lap times you've seen recently are on the latest compounds -- 720S, Performante, AM GTR, etc. 

You should be able to get newer Pzeros or Corsa for the 570. I'm not sure they make a Trofeo that would fit it. While I have no scientific data to back it up, most people seem to say the new Pzeros are similar in performance to the old Corsas, and the new Corsas are similar in performance to the new Trofeos.

I believe RC said he has the latest Pzero compounds on his R8 and they are much better than the old Pzeros.

Whether or not you care about a 1s lap time improvement in another story. I'm sure they car will handle normal roads just fine as is. Still, if you need new tires you might as well get the best ones, and better tires is a heck of a lot cheaper than buying HP and CF options...

Oh, and judging by your signature you don't seem terrible averse to modding cars. Someone just posted about their modest 570 modes yield 10s in the 1/4 at 143 mph. Was something like a tune, downpipes, etc. Pretty modest stuff.

The "best" PZero is the Porsche version but I'm not sure it would be recommendable for the 570S (911=rear engine, 570S= mid engine). Pirelli has improved the PZero a lot over the past couple of years, the new PZ4 is really an improvement but unfortunately there are two versions, the luxury saloon and the sport version. I guess most sportscar manufacturers are using the sport version.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991.2 Carrera GTS Cabriolet (2018), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)