Quote:
TB993tt said:
Quote:
tortesq1 said:

You have to experience a Porsche tt on the Autobahn to really "get" what Porsche tts are about (IMO) being able to use WOT in 5th and 6th gear at every break in traffic is a unique experience (for those of us who live outside De) and the heat it generates when you have done it multiple times in quick succession cannot be replicated in most countries.

Those "dyno runs" which EVO do and post on the net are quite frankly IMO a complete farce - how can a ~7 second "power run" compare to gunning up through 4th, 5th and 6th gear which may take 25seconds at full load. At lot of people who buy the EVO stuff just want the fancy "EVO700" badges to stick on the side of their tts

I totally agree and want to repeat my posting from 6speedonline in that evo thread:

"do you (Evo) asure your 700 kit is autobahn prove? i run my 997TT quite often with 300+ for longer distances and the car really loves it. No oil or water temp problem, it's getting better and better.

it ran 8000km right now - 2l oil, that's all , this engine is a piece of art!

Look inside the exhaust after a 800km trip - no burn, absoutly clean as it was on the first day"

Waiting for an answer and keep in mind, a new engine will be at 40+k Euro ;-)