The engine sound......

Honestly I think that one is a wash. 

The Aston sounded glorious from idle to mid range, it sort of start thrashing at the top of the rev range, Ferrari V12s got them beat high up. 

The flat 6 in the 911R, it really doesn't have a weak spot anywhere on the whole 8000rpm range. But the note is very different than the Aston. 6 cylinders less after all.

They just are different. One a beautiful blonde, one a beautiful brunette. 

How's that?

The NA flat 6 in the 911R is different than the NA V8 in the 918, in turn they are also different than the NA V10 in the Huracan and the NA V12 in the Aston. The 918 has the most unique 'bark' I have ever heard from an engine, it's so distinctive but too bad no one can really hear it most of the time. The Porsche flat 6 wail is also very distinctive, most people can distinguish that from everything else. 

V12 engines inheritably is a very smooth sound, Aston tuned theirs to sound muscular right from the get go, the let down is the glorious sound drop off at the end. I would say like a gentleman with a tuxedo going to a wedding, party hard at the reception and first on the dance floor but call it a night early. The Ferrari V12 would be the same gentleman going easy on the reception and during dinner, but will be the one that partied till everyone left and then find an after party to attend after.

--