Modrocket, I hear what you are saying, and you are right some of the way.
I actually am a designer (albeit not an automotive one) and as such am able to see the subtle nuances and differences off these two cars.
The point is, that "all communication takes place on the terms of the recipient", meaning that what the designer wanted to convey/communicate with a particular car design is less important that how it is perceived by the people who will judge and potentially buy the car.

And your point about designers being able to see the subtle differences that non-professionals often cant/dont is quite crucial.
But crucial for an other reason than yours: Commercial car designers are not designing cars to other car designers - they design cars to consumers..
Some car buyers are estute when it comes to the subtle details, most - I would guess - aren't.
So if you need to be a pro designer to appreciate a car, the designer has failed miserably - unless, of course the target audience is very narrow, which is sometimes the case.

The two cars we debate here are classic examples of generic sports car design IMO. Sure, they both have interesting details, but the overall shape and look is PERCEIVED as being "something we have seen before" - and if their potential clients feel the same way, both car manufacturers will have a prroblem.