The shape of river rocks is arrived at less by fluid dynamics, and more by the tumbling effect of the rocks chaffing against one another and shifting... They don't sit in the same attitude and position for decades on end to achieve that shape.. That's my point, there's no decent analogy from those stones across to car design..

As for bed-head, saggy pants, two-day beards, all that stuff to me IS AS PRISSY AS YOU CAN GET, as it's blatant and conscious and deliberate fretting over being noticed, establishing an "image", and parading your fashion-statement around town, knowing damn-well you'll stand out like a sore thumb, and revelling in it..

"Hey, look at me, my clothes are wrinkled, my hair's a mess, I'm such a cool and aloof dude.. Hey, you, look at me..., I'm pretending that I don't care..."

Those types of people are just as culpable, if not more-so, of being SLAVES TO FASHION..

That's my whole point.. I keep my wheels clean because it looks good to me, that's my main focus, and that's how you should take care of a fine piece of equipment. Ask any farmer or machinist. I don't think they are prissy, but they damn sure place value on good habits and daily/weekly routine...

You let your wheels get filthy because you're concerned about making some public statement that you're aloof, cool, artsy, ABOVE scrubbing your wheels, because it's the driving that counts.. It seems very fashion-conscious to me, which is ironically far prissy-er than simply washing your entire car, including the wheels, during routine maintenance....

We always get at odds over this stuff, I realize that...