TB993tt:
You like new stuff, when I have read over the years I have felt a bit sorry for you with your dallience with a Panamera, once saying it was like a big 911 Smiley and then the 991 turbo S, an amazing creation but so obviously lacking in soul. Tuned cars can be made to have incredible soul, emotion and massive performance which production cars simply can't have, it is telling how many wealthy people have woken up to the Singer which is really a fully "tuned" 911, 

The Panamera Turbo S was an amazing experience and I am glad I had it. Honestly. Porsche did magic with this car and yes, it is like a big 911, believe it or not. This just wasn't the right car for me, I felt old in it, it just didn't "fit" me, the Panamera wasn't me, it is difficult to explain. The 991 Turbo S was a mistake, I was just dumb. I had the chance to be (somewhat) involved in development and got too excited about this car. Amazing car, just not for me. I should have waited for the GT3 or GT3 RS. Actually, I had planned to get a GT3 but... Smiley Smiley

The biggest mistakes were the C63 AMG Coupe and the Boxster S though. The lack of traction in the C63 was really annoying, especially since this was my daily driver and not a weekend toy. The Boxster S was a car to make my wife happy but I ended up driving it most of the time, which was annoying (not really a fan of the Boxster, sorry).

So yes, I regret the C63, the Boxster S and the Turbo S but not the Panamera, believe it or not. If I wouldn't have owned  a Panamera, I would have regretted not getting one. It was an interesting experience but I will never get a sedan again, this just isn't my type of car. Sports car, coupe or SUV...I know that now for sure. Smiley

Tuning made my GT500 more emotional indeed but also scarier. Smiley This is actually the first car I have a lot of respect of, the same respect I had towards the CGT I test-drove. However, there are times where the GT500 scares me good, so I'm not always happy with it. I try to drive it mostly on warm(er) days and when it is completely dry but I am not surprised that so many GT500 owners crashed their cars. This is not a toy, this thing is a monster. Smiley Still...happy I got it because I always dreamt of such a car. Now I'm cured but the weird thing is: I would miss it if I wouldn't own one anymore, so I'm trying to keep it.  Weird, isn't it?! Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)