Quote:
Turbo Al said:
Quote:
MKW said:
The production car is dialed down to 610 hp , but will be advertised as 581 hp to appease the insurance gods, I guess.

Or to appease the tree-huggers?

Have only gotten 8MPG in my <5mi intra-SF daily commute, whether in >600hp 599 or 65....or in my current, allegedly more sensible <<600hp CL63.....and 12-13MPG in my fwy/twisties driving w/each....

My current <600hp, <V12 commuter car is my "nod" to pesky Prius-G550 environmentalists ....but after my CL65 arrives in Oct will simply explain that the V12 actually gets same/better mileage vs 63...as 65 needs to work less hard going up those steep SF hills....and I'm doing my part to avert a recession in Germany ....

BTW, at least in CA/NYC, seems like insurance costs on 599/65 are incredibly cheap for those w/spotless driving records (which many repeat buyers seem to possess )....may Darwinian selection prevail....

Mfrs in EU need to realize that US is land of cheap cars/leases/fuel/insurance....and guys willing to buy brilliantly-engineered 600hp+ commuter cars....doubt many in SF/LA have need/desire for AWD, but I suspect a few characters in Manhattan/Greenwich "need" a latest-tech 600hp+ AWD commuter car/limo for their gruesome winters (though I wonder how neutered these cars are on those girlie winter wheels/tires )....