To be honest: I couldn't care less if a car is a second faster on a track or not. In the hands of amateur drivers, these cars behave completely different because non-professional drivers have their own preferences and weak (driving skills) points. I prefer AWD cars and I do real magic in them, others are at least as fast in a similar RWD car and so on, it really depends...

Bottom line is: I care more about the emotional part of the drive because in the end, these super sportscars are very similar in (track) performance and let's be honest, most of us are not that often on the track that a second or a fraction of a second really matters.

What I do not like about the 720S is simple: The sound (exhaust/engine) and the fact that there aren't many dealerships in Germany/Europe. As a potential customer, this wouldn't really bother me. I like McLaren but unless they make me an offer I cannot refuse (similar to my R8 indecision), I wouldn't go for one. A weekend toy car is not something I can afford paying big bucks for, sorry but whoever has the financial means to get a 720S, should do it. Very nice offer from McLaren and if you don't care about all those carbon/whatever options, you can basically get a hypercar for 250k EUR, which is a great offer, especially in comparison with the competition.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)