Quote:
carlos fromspain said:
SIDENOTE: some of the germans on the forum could explain from the table were does Porsche fall behind exactly this year? looks to me like its related to brand image?

Most of the posters on this topic seem to have got hung up with the subject of Toyota / Porsche product quality.

Coincidentally there have been movements for both brands under the rather foggy heading "Market strength", for Toyota upwards, and Porsche downwards.
ADAC puts Toyota's improvement in this respect down to the fact that that company has spent more on advertising last year than in previous years. Oh, is that all it takes.

ADAC didn't comment on Porsche's lower rating for "market strength". My guess would be, if I correctly interpret what they are assessing under that title, that the interest in Porsche's current products in the market in the last year has been reduced because the market knew there were new products in the pipeline.

To come back to quality: There are many aspects of car quality. One of them is reliability in use. According to ADAC, Toyota comes second to Mazda in the breakdown statistics.
Yet Mazda is rated only tenth overall in these statistics, so go figure!