Quote:
WhiteKnight said:
I have tried 7000-7100 rpm rev limit and it is actually fine when you are going with %100 throttle, the problem is when you are going below 100 percent throttle. When you hit the revlimit with TP below 100% tranny puts it self in N position and you cant change any gears, you have to stop and restart the engine.

I hope i gave a little bit more explanation to the rev-limit problem.

The rev limiter raise is ONLY necessary in the 5th gear, not in the lower gears. You certainly don't want to raise the rev limit in the lower gears for various reasons I can't elaborate now. It IS necessary in the 5th gear because otherwise the car runs the stock 310 kph, maybe up to 312 kph only (real speed, not speedo, speedo shows up to 327 kph at stock top speed).
Raising the rev limit in the 5th gear causes the Tiptronic "software switch" to jump in and to cut off power very suddenly, resulting in a very "ugly" power cut off at around 310-312 kph. The stock cars have a very smooth cut-off, simply because the rev limiter is stock and all the power cut-off is controlled by the motronic. The Tiptronic cut-off is more of an emergency power cut-off to avoid possible damage.

I know this stuff is very confusing.

Regarding the "stepdown" issue: I'm still not sure I understand the problem. Like I said, you should NEVER floor the throttle pedal, simply because the kickdown is activated, resulting in a short "gap" in throttle response, mostly at lower rev figures. To achieve a satisfactory power distribution/throttle response, it is necessary to use a "linear" style of throttle usage, meaning to smoothly fully accelerate until the first "stop" of the pedal way and THEN to press the pedal further to activate the kickdown (and overboost).
Sorry if my English isn't good enough to explain it better.

Regarding the rev limiter problem: I really hope that somebody finds a solution because right now, there isn't much optimism. Changing the Tiptronic software mapping may be the only solution but it would be the toughest one. A more simple solution would be to turn off the "software emergency switch" in the Tiptronic software or to actually lead this software "signal" to the motronic into nothing, meaning that it has no effect. Unfortunately this also could be very harmful to the Tiptronic if there is a very high rev figure, even for a very short time.

I'm curious to see the solution. Anyway: the power output of the RUF kit is impressive, performance is very good for such a kit and thanks god, it doesn't involve any major hardware changes, making it very easy to reverse it.