Quote:
TB993tt said:
Quote:
AAHTT said:
Can someone please explain to me once and for all how did you all come up with this 550 hp maximum for the VGT's?
I am no engineer far from it, so how did this information become public or how was it calculated and based on what ?
Thanks in advance

The clue is in "Porsche style engine dyno full load hp"
There are very few engine builders who have the equipment,no-how or motivation to be able to measure this type of hp.
The 550hp max info is from RS Tuning who are fanatical about matching Porsche hp numbers and occassionally customers will ship their ~650hp engines back to Porsche to test -they have been spot on correct so far
BTW: Usual caveats, as RC says, trying to deal with them is a pretty horrible experience but now Cargraphic have taken over the marketing of "kits" things may ge better

TB993TT, You seem to know your stuff but you just referred me to some numbers from yet another vendor. Sorry I don't buy it even if they have the exact dyno porsche uses.
Lets put it this way, if a vendor is not capable of producing more than 550hp from a specific setup, it doesn't mean it can't be done or it is beyond safety limits.
I would look for documentation from the turbocharger manufacturers themselves, until then it is all speculation unless one of you guys is an actual porsche engineer.