Quote:
bmh-images said:
Quote:
///AMG Mercedes said:
...and that concoction of plastic and aluminium will kill you in a 30mph crash...

THere is no plastic in the interior of this car...

ANd I don't think that its safety will be much worse than the SLR or Enzo...

BMH

Sorry to bring up an older topic, but I read this and thought I could help a bit, a 30mph crash in TVR will hopefully not kill you, but the chances are a 40mph crash could take out your legs and a 50 mph crash you are as good as done for unless you have the racing harness on, where the survival rate is apparently much higher. But thats not the problem, a 40mph crash into the back of a truck (truck 50mph, TVR Cerbera 90-100mph apparently) simply tore the car down the middle, the drivers side carried on and the passengers side completley disintegrated. I do not remember there being anyone in the passenger seat fortunatley, but I did see the car on the A3 in Surrey, and it was a mess. Then I read the article in the local paper next day, this was about 4 or 5 years ago. However, the new range of TVR's have more safety features like a roll cage and strengthened chassis, as I was talking to the salesman at the UK motorshow this year, and better harnessed performance, and hugely improved reliability (but he would say that anyway!)
The SLR is safer than an Enzo to my knowledge, being made in conjunction with mercedes, I expect/hope some safety features have filtered down.

Oh, and the Typhon (not Typhoon) is awesome, and will be out just before the Sagaris which is released in July hopefully. Orders are being taken for the Typhon, and some deposits are being accepted on the Sagaris.