One of my best life-long friends comes from a "law enforcement" family. So ever since high-school, I've partied with a bunch of cops, mostly Sheriff deputies, with some local PD and state officers mixed-in...

They could give two hoots about what the color of the damn car is. Sure, if it's bright neon orange, they'll see it coming in a crowd... But it doesn't matter if you're in a yellow Porsche, or a tan Buick... If the gun reads 10mph or more over the posted limit, you're getting pulled. From that point forward, your best hope is to be polite, prepared, good humored, and you may just get a warning if the cop deems you to be deserving of a "break" by not forcing him to suffer through a bunch of crap-ass attitude or ignorant stories/excuses... Knocking on wood, I've gotten off the hook several times in my life, just by being respectful and "real".

One time, I was clocked doing at least 120 on a rural two-laner, RACING a twin-turbo Supra in my '93 Corvette 6-speed.. He comes to my window, I've got my license and registration at-the-ready, I address him with "sir" as appropriate, and upon asking me the traditional "why were you going so fast", I replied honestly, "I was racing that Supra, I've been dying to get a piece of one, came across this guy leaving town, and I couldn't resist..". The guy nodded, said "fair enough", and walked to the Supra's window to have a chat and collect documents. Then, back to the cruiser to check out our history... 3-4 long minutes later, he emerges, and walks back to me first, hands me back my license and reg, and says "you're free to go... The fella up there you were racin'?... He's getting a big ticket, tried to bullshit and argue with me... I appreciate your honesty, have a nice day, and slow the hell down.."

Most of the cars I see pulled are normal-colored cheap commuter cars and SUV's, people running 90mph on the Interstate just "because", with no real I.Q. for the risks involved... I rarely ever see a high-end sports car pulled, as usually the drives of such vehicles have a decent head on their shoulders, and aren't just barrelling about for no good reason on the interstate or highway.

Oh, by the way, I pulled that Supra twice, by 2-3 lengths running 50mph and pulling up north of 140... I had a few minor mods, and it was enough to be stouter than the 320hp Supra.. We were clocked in the midst of the Supra's 3rd futile attempt at trying to stick with me. I know, no racing on public roads... We were out of town, country road, and it was just us.... And the Sheriff hidden off that blind drive