TB993tt:

I was thinking the same thing because on paper the 997RS is about 3 seconds behind 200-300kph even with 2 manual changes, it has 700NM v 750 so really not massively different..... As I was driving home it was nice and dry and reasonably warm @17C so I wrung mine out in 3rd..... total mayhem very hard acceleration up to ~180kph and then..... and this is where the difference is, with a manual you have to purposely change gear and start the torque rush again in 4th so unless you are racing you tend not to as you have just fulfilled the immediate fair ground ride G needs.... Here is where the 991GT2RS is different, I know this from the 991.2 turboS I had, you have your foot to the floor and the 991 turbos just keep going with an uninterrupted wave of power, gear changes are not even noticed so it goads you to keep your foot planted as long as you dare - this is what I think MW is describing, I felt it to a degree on the 991.2 turboS and it is quite disturbing as it relies on a lot of self control there is no gear change to be made which gives your brain a chance to stop for an instant and think twice..... a beast indeed Smiley

Interesting comment and I have to agree. I find that driving a manual on road allows you to be better calibrated to the type of road and prevailing conditions. I enjoy driving with gears 2-3-4 on most UK roads, with 5-6 only needed for motorways. By comparison, a PDK gearbox seems to quickly change up to 5-6-7 thus losing the self-restraint of a lower gear and the chorus of a flat-six on song! I appreciate that you can use different modes in PDK, including Manual changes, but I just prefer a manual gearbox when driving on the road.