reginos:

I am shocked how Porsche can still sell around 180.000 SUVs per year globally when we hear of these wonderful offers from competing brands

Well, my wife got her Cayenne S Diesel (worth 135k or so...) for 1300 EUR a month, no down payment and a short 18 months lease period only, so she can upgrade to the new Cayenne if she wants to (it isn't mandatory though). When Porsche wants to move a car, they can make amazing offers as well... 

The Cayenne Diesel was the "bestseller" in Germany, not sure what will happen now with that toxic Diesel discussion in Germany. There will be probably a Diesel but only the entry level model, not a V8 Diesel anymore (which is a pity because the powerful V8 Diesel would have made the hell of an engine for the new Cayenne).

My problem with the Cayenne is: It would be my family car, so basically the "third" car in our stable. For a "third" car, it just became too expensive. For many customers, the Cayenne is the only car (family car, business car) and many actually have it registered on their business, at least over here in Germany. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)