nberry:
EnglishManInNY:

Ok guys 500miles in on my .2 GT3. What can I say. It’s the most surreal savage driving experience I have ever had. It’s so analogue but so smooth at the same time. And I have only been to 7k rpm a few times. Can’t imagine what the last 2k rpms feel like. Noticed everyone opens their car windows to listen to it. Sports exhaust and PDF-s are amazing  

Only 2 things I don’t like or haven’t got used to yet. First the PDF paddles are too small. They need to be longer. Second the black winglets keep making me thing someone is behind me. Need to get used to them. 

Brakes are a little noisy but they are starting to be run in nicely. 

More to come soon. Hope the weather stays nice for a few more weeks. 

Aren't the paddles the same size as the ones on a TTS?

One  problem with extended paddles is with Porsche the paddles move with the steering wheel. Ferrari paddles which are large are fixed. I am not sure I want large paddles moving when the wheel turns. They could interfere with the maneuver.

I noticed on a recent test drive of a 991.2 PDK that the paddles are smaller, AND more inset towards the wheel centre, than on our 997, to the point where anyone with smaller hands now has to rotate the wrist to reach them and shift (not the case with the older ones).  No idea why Porsche changed them, and it is not different with the different steering wheel options - relative position of the paddles is the same. 

--

2017 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S