Quote:
nberry said:
I honestly believe that Porsche is beginning to cut back production in order to save the brand. Their profits will come from the Cayenne, sedan, and the lower end Porsche's which they will continue to produce on a mass bases providing the demand is there.

The performance Porsche's, will be limited with the view of regaining crdibility with their customer base. In my opinion this strategy will backfire for one important reason. ALL their models look alike and they are slowing morphing into a MB type company. I cannot tell one MB from another.

If you are willing to pay close to $175,000 for a well optioned TT Cab. why not spend a little more and buy a Gallardo Spyder? They are available and certainly have more of a visual and sensory impact.

Why?

1) You can't buy a new G-Spider for a little more first off. Especially not one loaded like a new as your spec. $165k TT Cab w/ Carbon Ceramics etc. For me $165k is about the very top I want to spend for an everday car, very, very top. For $165k for the TT Cab (loaded exactly the way I want) no other car can do everything it does..... Over $200k , more like $225k for a loaded G-spider is just not for me, not for using everyday. Big difference between spending $165k vs $225k on a car I plan to use everyday and park in public places.
2) I have a weekend car better imo than the G, a F430.
3) The TT Cab is a car that will be extremely comfortable to commute to work in everyday
4) Can't take my wife & kids in a G-Spider, already have a 2 seater sports car
5) The TT is imo more reliable than a G-Spider
6) Real pain to get to Lambo dealer's for me - This one isn't a big deal but is still a factor.
7) For everyday commuting I want a kick ass car that will run with basically everything but without having to talk w/ everybody. It's okay w/ the Ferrari I expect it and enjoy it too but having that kinda attention EVERY DAY would be vert tiresome
8) Praticality. I often like to go places and need some type of trunk or storage space and would rather take a sports car then an SUV, the G-Spider just cant do it
9) Driving a 911 in everyday traffic/conditions the car shrinks around you, I literally feel like I can do anything in my 997 S Cab, the G-Spider is basically the opposite, a real PINA to drive in traffic with horrible blind spots and a drag to reverse it's a lot like my F430 in that respect. You're sitting real low, not the kinda car that you feel confident in around tight spots or parking etc. The G-Spider is a blast to drive but you really need open road. Also feel the TT is a better all round in all conditions dry & wet sports car & probably safter too.
10) If driving the TT Cab is anything like my 997 S cab and from what I can tell from driving the TT Coupe it will be and then some, driving the TT is just more fun! And basically lets you go about your business without any fuss, lets you do everything w/ everybody, easily. The G-Spider would be more a choice for me instead of a F430 not instead of a TT Cab.......... Maybe the TT cab is not as flashy as say a yellow G-Spider. Sure the whole look at me I'm driving a Lambo Spider is fun too but costs aside if both were equal money if given a choice of driving a TT Cab everyday (for me that means 300 miles a week commuting plus another 200 or so wherever) or a G-Spider no question which one I'd pick.

Sure I can think of another dozen why's to add to my novel but you get the idea.