Quote:
MMD said:If I were driving from Dallas to Indianapolis in my Porsche I'd like to have a limo follow me.

When I got tired, we'd pull over and I'd get in the limo, while a professional driver got out of the limo to drive my 997S.

I get out of my 996 C4 after a 300 mile stint fresh and fatigued out of a Town Car. I know cause I've done it. You have never tried it, have you?

An soft suspended limo is far more fatiguing than a taut controlled suspension. The average - physics-ignorant - person thinks otherwise, I know. It has to do with low-frequency filtering (Porsche) vs. high-frequency filtering (Town Car) and how human bodies react to either. On a first blush people think a sharp blow (high frequencies) over an expansion joint may be fatiguing, but it isn't. What's fatiguing is the constant boat wallowing of a soft suspended vehicle (low frequencies) which is tossing your body mass up and down doing real work.

I'm more and more convinced that these days Porsches are bought for show. Owners never really use them and never know them.