martini964:
noone1:

Beat the car up and sell it to the next guy. That's why you're buying new, not used. 

Why you are saying so? if you buy a second hand car and after a week the engine blown,are you happy because then you get the memo that the previous owner beat the car up? or for this reason you never buy a second hand car? Very dangerous thinking it is

Catastrophic engine failure in a road car is highly unlikely to be due to the user. It will more than likely be the result of an inherent problem.

As long as the owner does basic service and fluid changes, so be it. Most people aren't buying 70K mile exotics.

The mileage discount on a used exotic is so extreme that such is life for the next buyer. If he gets a $100K discount on a 7K mile car, then he can afford to refresh the engine should it for some random reason fail. He could also just buy an extended warranty too. 

When used buyers actually start offering near asking price instead of low balling over every fucking microscratch in the paint, maybe I'll care what happens to their car 5 years later. In reality, they want to pay as close to $0 as possible and as such they get what they pay for. If they want to talk a car down to "junk" then they can accept the fact that they might just be buying "junk."

I personally take care of my cars, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over a skipped oil change or some launches or redlines or not breaking it in per the Bible, and I'm certainly not going to dump money into my car for shit I don't care about just so the next guy is less likely to have problems. I'm definitely not going to discount it so some guy is happier either. I pay for extended warranties, so why can't they?

I sold my McLaren to someone who seemed like a nice guy and I was total honest with him about it and he was happy. He at first wanted a discount on scrapes and skid plates etc and I flat out told him no. It's a scrape, it scraped once it will probably at some point scrape again, I'm not discounting so you can repaint it and scrape it again later, or so you can drill holes into it and put skid plates on it. I mean, you're literally complaining about scrapes but then wanting to DRILL HOLES into it. In the end he saw where I was coming from and agreed that the scrapes made no sense to repair now, and the transaction went smoothly and he loves the car. I'm glad, he got a good car IMO at a great price.