Leawood911:
RC:
noone1:

Similar braking deceleration, but the 911 corners much higher than the Audi. 

They didn't even bother to re-test the Audi R8, they used the same values from a AMS review. Smiley

I assume they did the same with the Nissan GT-R, only the Turbo S ES test data was new.

Pretty much worthless in a direct comparison.

I agree though with what they wrote about the Audi: The chassis needs a bit of fine-tuning but what the car needs most is proper tires. The Cup 2 is a better PZero Corsa (the "old" one...) , not really a first class semi-slick. Audi wanted it this way to make this tire suitable for daily driving but it actually became what the standard PZero is: An good allrounder.

I will get the Cup 2 with Audi rating for next summer since I promised to join one or two track events on the Salzburgring. At first, I wanted to get the Trofeo R (there is the right size for my rims) but a factory driver I met told me not to get them because I could have issues with the ABS system and rubbing.

I know they won't last long (maybe 5000 km if I'm lucky, instead the 9000 or 10000 km I got out of my PZero PZ4) but I am curious how they are. They aren't too expensive (maybe a couple of hundreds more than the PZ4), so no big deal. The Trofeo Rs would have been around 3k EUR or so in the size for my car, couldn't find them cheaper.

If they last half as long they are at least twice as expensive. Just saying. 

The Trofeo R would probably last even less than the Cup 2. Smiley 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)